Level IV Accredited Arboreta have met the highest levels of arboretum standards.
- Satisfy all criteria for Level I, Level II and Level III accreditation.
- A scientific and/or conservation staff and capability to collaborate in scientific or conservation activities with other arboreta or organizations related to trees.
- Institutional capacity, stability, and commitment to hold and safeguard plants of collections or conservation value on behalf of the collective interests of the profession.
- Specific participation in collaborative scientific or conservation activities related to trees, such as the North American Plant Collections Consortium or the Global Trees Campaign.
- Specific consideration of a conservation role linked to the Global Trees Campaign (globaltrees.org).